Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten free)
- 7 tbsp Earth Balance (butter sticks) + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup oat flour (grind Bob’s Red Mill certified gluten free oats in your food processor until it is a flour consistency)
- 1 tbsp Coconut flour (optional)
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips/ or 1.5 good chocolate bars cut into small chunks, I used Mast Brothers Dark Chocolate with almonds and sea salt from Brooklyn.
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Allow the Earth Balance and egg to come to room temperature.
2. With a stand or electric mixer, beat the earth balance and oil until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat for 1-2 minutes until creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
4. Beat in the remaining ingredients adding the flour mixture in three batches. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. With wet fingers, shape tablespoon balls of dough and place on the baking sheet. Flatten the balls down lightly with fingertips. Bake for about 10-11 minutes until slightly golden along edges. Allow to cool for 5-10 mins. on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack for another 10 minutes.